Users who are viewing this thread

Oswald Tay

Reaction score
Yes.

To clarify, the trap arm (from trap outlet to vent connection) needs to be sloped at least 1/4" per foot, but also may fall no more than one pipe diameter. That's to avoid the possibility of siphoning the trap. So you could slope the trap arm at more than 1/4" per foot, but that reduces how far you can go before hitting the one pipe diameter drop limit.

Cheers, Wayne

Ok, and are there any restrictions as to how long the wet vent can be?
I'll need to bring it through the wall for about 4 feet, then down into the floor to connect to the shower drain with a wye fitting.
Is it ok to have sharp turns in the wet vent or anything like that?

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
No length limit on the wet vent. The wet vent is a drain, so normal drain rules apply: LT for all 90s, except when turning from horizontal to go vertical (down), where a quarter bend is allowed.

Cheers, Wayne

Oswald Tay

Reaction score
No length limit on the wet vent. The wet vent is a drain, so normal drain rules apply: LT for all 90s, except when turning from horizontal to go vertical (down), where a quarter bend is allowed.

Cheers, Wayne

Ok, thanks!
Sorry, I'm not exactly sure what LT means...

Oswald Tay

Reaction score
Also, do the rules in this picture below apply?
jlc-fg-plumbing-orientation-of-waste-and-vent-connectionsjpg

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I agree with everything except possibly the lower left diagram I think that's subject to some debate, as there is also vertical wet venting. But typically where the wet vent has a horizontal component, it's no trouble to make all the vent connection as in the lower right, so you can avoid the diagram in the lower left.

Cheers, Wayne

Oswald Tay

Reaction score

Cheers, Wayne

Thank you!
Would you say this general map of the turning in the wet vent is acceptable?
Also, what are the sloping requirements, and turning requirements for the dry vent part?
IMG_4934.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks