Help with well leak/upstream relief valve

Users who are viewing this thread

definit

Reaction score
I not sure what's going on and I need some help. I have a well, and the pressures all seem normal. The pressure reading on the gauge looks normal (30/50 pressure switch) and the pump cuts off at just over 50 psi. The problem is that there is some sort of relief valve upstream of the pressure switch, and water is coming out of the valve in a jet.

All the videos I've looked at online don't show this valve, they only show a traditional pressure relief valve. My normal pressure relief valve is not leaking. The water is only coming out of this upstream relief valve when the pump cuts off. I have a feeling that this upstream valve is bad, but I'm not sure.

If anyone has any ideas about this upstream relief valve, or if it's bad, I would love any ideas/advice.
Thanks.

IMG_0482.jpeg
IMG_0480.jpeg
IMG_0479.jpeg

Reach4

Reaction score

definit

Reaction score
You're right, it does look a lot like that air injection filter.

Under the pressure switch to the right of the drain valve, I think it's the pressure relief valve. I think I may try to replace that air injection filter. The pressures all seem fine, so it seems like it's just bad maybe like you said.

Is it possible that the micronizer is dirty, and that's why water shoots out of it? Do you think it could be cleaned? Or is it too far gone?

Attachments

• IMG_0487.jpeg
    IMG_0487.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0488.jpeg
    IMG_0488.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

definit

Reaction score
Thanks for the help identifying that part! I had no idea what it was!

I just unscrewed it and saw that the check valve had rust/gunk all over it. I cleaned it off, but after turning the pump back on, the leak still persists. I either need to do a better job cleaning it, I'll have to order a new check valve bulb, or a whole new micronizer if replacing the check valve doesn't do the trick.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks