Help with Tub Purchase

Users who are viewing this thread

TomR1972

Reaction score
Looking to put a new tub in but can not find the right one. It is a standard sized space 5 foot tub and I can make the space accommodate 36 wide, old tub was 32. My big issue is I would like to have more water depth. With this space being a 3 wall alcove and probably not enough room to handle a drop in type tub I am very limited I believe. Also I'd like the tub to be more rectangular than oval since it will be a shower as well. Can anyone direct me to a tub that might fit my requests? I saw a neptune that fit the bill nicely however I am being quoted just under a grand which I think is a bit pricey. Any thoughts?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Kohler makes a 33" by 19 1/2" deep one, but a deep tub is usually counterintuitive for use as a shower due to the "difficulty" of climbing over the edge.

TomR1972

Reaction score
deep soak tub

Thanks for the response.

I think for now we will be ok with the higher step in, in 15 years that might change!

I found the American Standard Evolution that I think is a 3 wall alcove model but I think by the time you get the front skirt and the tile flange I am back at the 1000.00 dollar range.

I keep hoping there is something out there that I am not aware of, not finding it!!!

K.

Reaction score
I installed the American standard Serin tub, 60x32x23" deep and quite rectangular in its shape. It was about $625 with flange but skirt extra, but that was a special order from ********* Canada which means I paid full list price so I'm sure it can be had for less.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks