Help with toilet.. please

Users who are viewing this thread

orenna

Reaction score
Hi.. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Our toilet got clogged and we tried to use a plunger with no success.. the water wouldn't even go down. So we got an auger and after I used it twice.. the water went down and was clear. But the toilet still does not flush as well as it did and while the water does slowly flush down.. I am worried about solids/toilet paper.. Does anyone have any other ideas??? :confused:

Thanks so much
Carrie

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sounds like the auger pushed the clog further down the drain. Might be time for a real snake to clean it out.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
One of the problems we DIYers have is we tend to take a knife to a gunfight. Augers that most of us have access to are just too small to get the job done. They may work sometimes, but it sounds like you have a clog that is too deep for the tool you are using. Sometimes even the most avid DIYer has to give up and call the pros. I think this is one of those times.

RRW

Reaction score
One way I have been able to clear deep clogs is to get a couple of 5 gallon buckets of water at hand and start the toilet flushing. Once the flush is established feed the water to the toilet as fast as it can take it. This puts a lot of presssure on the clog and is sometimes successful. At least it is cheap. Good luck, RW

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
clog

I don't think you pushed a clog deeper. after all, the toilet trap is a lot smaller than the sewer pipe.

The first thing that comes to mind is there is still an object in the toilet bowl .

You may have just cleared the bowl of paper. Get a real closet auger and use it. Depending whats in there, it may pull back a pencil, comb, toy, or something from a shelf or counter top.

When your all done do the paper test. flush the toilet with a good amount of paper 3 or 4 times.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks