Users who are viewing this thread

JayOne23

Reaction score
I need help with a new thermostat i swapped out. The old thermostat (see attached photo) had a jumper between W & Y. The new thermostat which is the Honeywell touch RTS8500 series says it doesn’t require a jumper. The heat seems to work and the fan works but I’m not getting any cold air. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

17DFC08C-73A3-4301-A265-E43BCFC101E0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Fitter30

Reaction score
How many wires and colors? Can't have a jumper between w & y .
W is heat
Y cooling
R is power
G is fan
W heat
C is common
R to G should turn on fan
R to W heat
R to Y cooling outside unit
Normal colors
R red
W white
G green
Y yellow
C black
Do not touch R to C

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
What type of system do you have? Pages 16,17, &18 of the installation manual. The orange wire (O terminal) is for Heat Pump operation and the the important setting is on page 17, function 0190. Most HP/AC units default to heat mode and power has to be applied to the O terminal so the reversing valve operates to places it in cool mode. There are some that are opposite. Power to the O lead to place the unit in HP mode. Your new thermostat this should be set to 0 since you get heat when you change the mode to cool.
Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 7.31.34 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-11-04 at 7.32.05 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-11-04 at 7.32.43 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks