Help with Shower Handle Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

De Go

Reaction score
i am trying to update my shower handles but have no idea what to buy. Here is a picture of what I have now

Attachments

• B9305FB4-81B0-477D-A720-62EA6D5588E0.jpeg
    B9305FB4-81B0-477D-A720-62EA6D5588E0.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 225
  • F5C443DC-2EAB-46EC-A457-A88D6557D47B.jpeg
    F5C443DC-2EAB-46EC-A457-A88D6557D47B.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 216

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Is it a shower? If so they are mounted odd. ....Do you know the brand of faucet? If not you need to narrow down the possibilities by counting the points on the broach, that is where the handle attaches. You can count either the ridges or the valleys. If you could shut off the water and remove the stem. Then lay it next to a ruler and take up close in focus pictures showing the total length. We could identify it easier if you do that.

De Go

Reaction score
Is it a shower? If so they are mounted odd. ....Do you know the brand of faucet? If not you need to narrow down the possibilities by counting the points on the broach, that is where the handle attaches. You can count either the ridges or the valleys. If you could shut off the water and remove the stem. Then lay it next to a ruler and take up close in focus pictures showing the total length. We could identify it easier if you do that.

It is for a Roman tub, but also seems to be the same as my separate shower which has the same type of handle. I haven’t taken the lever off shower yet. I can’t find any identifying marks on anything :(

De Go

Reaction score
It is for a Roman tub, but also seems to be the same as my separate shower which has the same type of handle. I haven’t taken the lever off shower yet. I can’t find any identifying marks on anything :(
There are 15 ridges and 15 valleys

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Another option might be to take the handle to a hardware store that has a faucet stem/broach guide. Many stores that sell faucet stems have these to make identification of the stem easier.
Faucet Stem & Handle Broach Gauge.jpg

De Go

Reaction score
So far no one has been able to ID this. I need to try and remove the stem. Anyone have a great y9utube site that can walk me thru it.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
The flat part looks like they may have been rounded off. I would use a channel locks or small pipe wrench on the round dome section just above the threaded section. ..... You might want to screw the brass escutcheon plate back on before you try that. It might not matter but I would put it on just in case.

De Go

Reaction score
OK so far no luck but let’s try identifying the fixtures by maybe identifying the water spout here is a photo

Attachments

• 8CF86369-B564-4BAD-8061-228B7021F846.jpeg
    8CF86369-B564-4BAD-8061-228B7021F846.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 201

Highlander

Reaction score
A strap wrench might help you with that "cap" with the worn down flat spots.
Craftsman-Budget-Strap-Wrench-Set.jpg

Also useful to have around the house to open stubborn pickle jars, for example.

De Go

Reaction score
Thanks all...I grew so frustrated with trying to ID these parts that I ended up painting them lol

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks