Help with roughing in floor mount rear discharge toilet please

Users who are viewing this thread

Squints2See

Reaction score
I am adding a toilet and sink to an existing laundry room so I have another "1/2 bath" in the house. Having an issue with plumbing the toilet.

Due to the placement of an LVL in close proximity to the 2x6 plumb wall it will be very difficult if not almost impossible to use a standard floor discharge toilet and properly vent it. A rear discharge toilet will fix this issue but I a wondering how you rough in the plumbing for one. I know that they are a 4" rough in but my questions are:

- I'm assuming I will need to use a long sweep 3" elbow to go straight down thru the wall cavity but will that fit in a 2x6" wall?
- If not is there a special type of fitting for these types of toilet to allow clearance to fit in a 2x6 wall?

Thank you.

Squints2See

Reaction score
I continued searching old threads on the site and seen where it was mentioned that closet bend would be acceptable, where as I thought I would have to use a long sweep. Is this correct?

Squints2See

Reaction score

Attachments

• 20160313_222648.jpg
    20160313_222648.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 850
  • 20160313_222644.jpg
    20160313_222644.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,026
Last edited:

Squints2See

Reaction score
So I did a mock up of what I am thinking of doing. It is not perfectly to scale but shows the connections.

From left to right (first and second pic) Top to bottom (3rd pic):

1. Connection for floor mounted rear discharge toilet.
2. Connection for washer
3. Connection for lavatory

Some fittings are not the right ones but I wanted to demonstrate the connections. (I used spare parts on hand until I can go to the store tomorrow to get the correct ones.)
If necessary I will roll the wye up on the first toilet connection. The last connection on the right for the lav. will be a wye with a 45 not a sanitee as shown. The length of the trap arms on all 3 connections will be at least two widths of the pipe diameter as I believe is required. The 1 1/2" 90 degree bends on the lav. will be sweep elbows not a vent style elbow as shown. The washer connection in the middle will have a standpipe with length in accordance to the IPC which is what my state is under (WV). The top connections are all vents. The toilet and washer vents will be 2" and the lav. will be 1 1/2" and all three will connect above the flood rim and go up to the attic and out the roof. I will maintain a downward slope on the horizontal vent runs to allow condensation to drain. The 3" main drain line will continue down about 15' after the lav. and pick up a kitchen sink drain and continue onto the main drain line on the back wall of the house at an 1/8" per foot slope as stated by the IPC.

I believe I have conveyed everything necessary but if I've forgot something please let me know. I am trying to do this tomorrow on my day off so any quick responses are greatly appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks