Help with pressure problem please

Users who are viewing this thread

zebtax

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I own a double wide mobile home with crawlspace. I am not a pro here but a handyman

I am on a private well.

There was a leak below the house and I repaired it. The existing pipe there was 3/4 cpvc pipe. The leak(s) were where the T's were for both the hot water and cold water going up to the washing machine spigots. I cut the lines AND there was a third "T" on the cold water line that is the main water supply source I had to cut also. I spliced in 3/4 pex pipe with the proper sized fittings to the 3/4 inch cpvc pipe.

I turned off all circuits to the well pump and pressure tank and hot water tank before I did this. When I cut the lines all the water drained from the hot water tank and all the lines.

I made the repairs. I turned the pump back on and waited for the hot water tank to fill before I tuned it on.

Now, I have VERY low water pressure throughout the house. If you put on the shower in one bathroom, no water at all will run to the other bathroom shower. Some things are to a trickle. I do not seem to be getting any air in the lines. I can run all spigots in the house and washing machine but only one or two at a time and they are slow, down to drips if anything else is running

Now I know it is not priming in the well pump because I have a couple outside water lines running from the pump itself some distance away and the pressure from them is as strong as ever. Hell, maybe stronger. The problem is in the house. HELP please, I am losing points with the wife. "I thought you could fix it!!

Reach4

Reaction score
Look for a cartridge filter or other filter that has become clogged.

zebtax

Reaction score
To my knowledge, there is no filter in this entire system. I have always wondered about that myself.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Did you use the same pipe size? Do you have a outside hosebib? Pickup a gauge 0-100 lb and fitting to male hose to measure system pressure. Bathtub spout doesn't have aerator hows the flow.

zebtax

Reaction score
Yes I used the same pipe size. Yes I have an outside hosebib that seems to be running fine. The bathtub pressure in both bathrooms is significantly down. Almost to a trickle in one of them where there had been some of the best pressure in the house

Reach4

Reaction score
Look for a cartridge filter or other filter that has become clogged.
So after the pressure tank and valve, what are the tees in line, and where do they go?

zebtax

Reaction score
Well, as it turns out, that valve that is directly after the pressure tank is one of those brass round ones and it is spinning freely suddenly. I was just told that is probably the issue, that it has broken inside and may be blocking waterflow. I will replace that in the next day or two and see if that fixes it. What do you think?

Sarg

Enjoy Learning
Reaction score
Likely to be the problem.
Replace any gate or compression valves using a ball valve every chance you get.

Attachments

• Ball valve.jpg
    Ball valve.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 135

Reach4

Reaction score
Well, as it turns out, that valve that is directly after the pressure tank is one of those brass round ones and it is spinning freely suddenly. I was just told that is probably the issue, that it has broken inside and may be blocking waterflow. I will replace that in the next day or two and see if that fixes it. What do you think?
Where does the yard hydrant tee in-- before the pressure tank? Makes sense, and that would explain your symptoms.

Mikha'el

Reaction score
Likely to be the problem.
Replace any gate or compression valves using a ball valve every chance you get.
All the homes (30 years +) on our street have a gate valve right after the meter (for property owner convenience??)
I had a plumber out to re-do my softener bypass and he said DON'T TOUCH IT - always use the meter valve.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
All the homes (30 years +) on our street have a gate valve right after the meter (for property owner convenience??)
I had a plumber out to re-do my softener bypass and he said DON'T TOUCH IT - always use the meter valve.
That's What I do make a judgement call though If its new or newer Ill use it but even yesterday a house built in the early90s I took one look at gate valve and kept on going out to curb and closed valve there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks