Help with Moen kitchen faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

George R

Reaction score
I have a Moen 7400 series kitchen faucet (I believe 7430W). Single lever style handle with attached sprayer. It is leaking at the base of the spout assembly where it meets the sink escutcheon plate. I've looked at the parts explosion on-line and it looks like I may need the "spout O-ring kit" (p/n 96778) http://www.moen.com/shared/pdf/7430pt.pdf

Do i need to find any other parts to fix this leak?

Thanks, George

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
Moen

Replace the o-rings.
Clean everything and lube with ( I use silicone grease ).
Clean the diverter.
Clean and even sand or use a brillo pad on the inside of the spout, wipe it clean and grease the inside where it sits on the post.
How old is that cartridge?
Why not change the cartridge while you're there.
Maybe replace the aerator or at least take it apart and clean it.

Last edited:

George R

Reaction score
Thanks P1 :) . The cartridge is 6 years old. I'll do as as you say and clean the snot out of everything (and lube). I'll try to look for parts locally tomorrrow. If I can't find them I can always order online. Thanks again.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it applies to Moens, but I've learned the hard way that Delta faucets do best with Delta replacement parts. The generic parts found in some hardware and big box stores just don't work as well or last as long.

George R

Reaction score
You just described DANCO to a tee. I will not use their parts, not even brass stems. Wrap a dollar around them and give them to someone who cares

HA!! :D Just what I like, someone that parses their words very carefully, so as not to offend anyone. NOT!!

Thanks Steve and Rugged. I'll use genuine parts.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
moen

Call 1-800-BUY-MOEN. That faucet is new enough that it should have the lifetime guarantee and Moen should send you the parts you need. Having the part numbers and faucet model will make it easier since they don't have to guess which parts you need.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks