Help with Moen Chateau Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Kirk Pitts

Reaction score
Hi, new guy here. Been a dyi'er for years. Got a question and can't find the answer.

I have an older moen valve that is only flowing hot water. I just replaced a water softener that had an unknown leak and there was green gook in the pipes. Cut out some and poured some bleach to clean out and of course stuff was flowing into the house. Had to clean the faucet aerators.
I guessing something bigger blocked the cold water. I remove the valve and still only hot water flows so I know it isn't the valve.
Does anyone know how I can possible get this to flow again?
Picture of the valve.

IMG_1844D.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There isn't much there to work on. It's either in the cartridge, 1200 or 1225 which is what you have in there,
The stop on the cold side which may be blocking the water flow, or perhaps even before it gets to the valve. Have you turned off the stops at the valve, pulled the cartridge and then opened up the stop to see what you get for flow?

moen-2600-parts-terrylove-01.jpg

Kirk Pitts

Reaction score
Thanks, the graphic helped. I thought I would need to check the stop-check valve but I wasn't sure what would be there when I removed it. Didn't want to do something that I could put back. Pulled it out and removed what was clogging it. Put back together and functioning perfectly. Thanks again.

moen-chateau-trim-cp-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks