Help with installing a Pitcher Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

mwigfall

Reaction score
Hello All. I have read some great post on this site. My grandmother has an old pitcher pump in her back yard that has been halfway removed about 20 years ago. I have bought a new pump from Lowes and will be installing it this weekend if I can get some help from this fourm. I live in md. Someone I know said that I would hit water at 10 or so feet. Does anyone have a step by step way of installking this bad boy and a list of all the parts I need ie foot valve etc. any advice that is good would help.

Thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pump

Is this going to be a completely new driven well, or are you working with something that is already there? One thing you can be sure of, however, is that if you do not reach water by the time you are 27' down, it won't make any difference how much deeper it is because that is the maximum depth that the pump will work, and at that depth you will not get much water, either.

Speedbump

Reaction score
The best way to find out if there is water under your yard that is close enough for a home owner to get into is to call a local Well Driller and ask him. Shallow wells are different from one area to the next so there is no set way of getting a well in.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks