Help with identifying some equipment on a wall - Do I need it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kurt Emke

Reaction score
Can anyone identify what this is? I am going to repaint and am wondering if its old telephone equipment I can remove.
IMG-3985.jpg

IMG-3984.jpg

Stuff

Reaction score
That is probably feeding your entire complex. I would contact the local phone company before proceeding as likely is still being used.

Kurt Emke

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! So it is telephone? Its a victorian converted to office space. None of the offices have phones so I would like to remove it.

Stuff

Reaction score
Yes, telephone. Big square box is cover for connection blocks designed for 100+ phones. Next on left is splice junction for the large cables. Far left ell can conduit is power for your building.

Note sometimes there is no telephone service to your building but the cables daisy-chain to connect a neighbor's service.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks