Help with hard water stains from well

Users who are viewing this thread

yona4u

Reaction score
We just finished remodeling our guest bathroom and installed a brand new dual flush toilet. This toilet has a special finish (Reno gloss) to help prevent bacteria, stains, etc.. However, it is developing hard water stains (orange, tanish looking) right where the water flows into the toilet after it is flushed.

How can I safely remove them without harming the new finish? I have heard about baking soda, and things like white vinegar. Are any of these good? Will they harm the finish? What is safe that has been tested? I am trying to stay away from harsh chemicals. What about Bar Keepers friend?

Thanks for your help!
Yona4u

Lee_Leses

Reaction score
The water at my house is somewhat hard, but not as hard as the well water you have I'm sure.

Not sure this is a magic bullet, but when I looked into this I was told to get something called "The Works" at Wal-Mart that does seem to help. I also read if it's real bad to try using pumice, not sure how to spell that.

I also used a blue scrubbing pad I got at Wal-Mart that says it will not scratch surfaces along with soft scrub cleanser, and that removed all the stains.

Not sure if any of that is 100% surface safe.

I wonder if toilet manufacturers will provide info. on how to safely clean their toilets and what products to use?

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks