Help with Faucet Supply Lines

Users who are viewing this thread

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
I am installing 2 single hole/handle modern faucets. Being that both supply lines come to this small valve the supply lines came with the faucets. They are chrome 3/8" soft copper I guess is what you would call it.

That would be fine b/c my stops are 3/8" compression, but I am about 3" short in length once I get my bends in place. I went and picked up 4 - 19" supply lines at the depot, except they are no good. They are designed to go to a standard faucet.

The supplies that came with the faucets screw into the faucet using what looks approx like 3/8" fine thread and has a small black washer. I need to get replacement (longer) hoses or supply tubes.

I tried using a compression union to extend my lengths, but between the bends, brass color union and this being below a very visable double sink all glass vanity...it all didn't work so well.

Where can I get these hoses and what are they called!!

Last edited:

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
found this pic of the hoses I need. See the small end that goes into the faucet

img_1410.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cal

In the Trades
Reaction score
This is a ROUGH one ....... You are not going to be able ( a guess!) to call that faucet manufacturer and get longer supplies .

My guess ,,,, is to find 3/8" CHROME compression unions , nuts and use short pieces of chrome supply tubes .

You might wind up putting a chrome paint on rough brass compression unions. I have not seen those for MANY years .

Sorry ,,,, not more help.
Cal

Wait!!!!
How about these to extend the supply lines?

faucet-supply-38-comp-38-od.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
these faucets are actually from IKEA....don't flame me, they have the look we needed for this project and appear to be really well made. I haven't tried calling yet b/c i figured they wouldn't be able to help.

I have used other faucets with similar setups before even some with the braided SS hoses, they just always reached the stops so it was never an issue.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

The manufacturer will not be able to help you because they only make one length supplies for those faucets. And you will not find replacements anywhere else because they are a proprietary item. You will have to couple onto them to extend them, even if you have to use 95/5 solder to tin coat the brass couplings and use chrome tubing for the extensions.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks