Help with faucet- got handle off but now what?

Users who are viewing this thread

jennyr

Reaction score
Hello. The hot water side of a two handle sink is leaking. I was able to remove the hot water handle, but now I am at a loss. I can't get anything to budge here and I am finding that this doesn't look like any of the videos or help guides I've looked at. I unfortunately don't know what make and model of faucet I have. I figured that I was supposed to try to unscrew the thing toward the bottom that looks like it might unscrew, but that isn't moving anywhere. Can anyone please provide me with some guidance as to what I should be doing? Thanks in advance!

20180111_204903.jpg

dE9n6

Last edited by a moderator:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Get a large wrench and unscrew the bell going counterclockwise. At the bottom of the bell, just over the escutcheon, you will find where to place the wrench jaws.

If you put a cloth over the bell, you will not damage it.

Still won't budge? use more force, use a bigger wrench, spray some lubricant inside, use a pipe over the wrench for added leverage OR call a pro.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks