Help With a Nibco Figure 63CLVB/763CLVB leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

orokrman

Reaction score
All Great Knowing Guru of all that is Plumbing

I have a set of old 1981 Nibco , i think they are close to a 63clvb that is leaking

is this unit serviceable at all?

Just bought the house and i have two leaky hose bibs

screw is worn slam out on one bib have to figure out how to get that off.

Stem appears to be stuck? inside and wont come out

maybe this can be rebuilt?

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
thanks
Chris

20210507_170031.jpg
20210508_104829.jpg
20210508_104822.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Did you turn the stem CCW to the max and pull hard? You probably did, but I thought I would ask.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
My thoughts are

1- The packing gland was mutilated by someone who did not know how to use a Crescent wrench or use a wrench without teeth

2- Using Teflon on the packing nut threads they may as well used Duck tape as it would do the same thing... NOTHING

3- Hold back as not to break it loose from the connection and use a proper wrench and remove the stem assembly from the valve body and remove the stem and replace the old packing

For the price of the valve REPLACE it with a code approved type (Vacuum breaker)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks