Help with a 1hp jet pump cycling on a shallow well

Users who are viewing this thread

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Here are some pictures from our reviews of how others have installed that valve on a jet pump. With a jet pump you need the CSV125-3 and it comes in the 30 PSI as well to use with your 20/40 pressure switch.
jet pump CSV125.jpeg

jet pump CSV125-3.jpeg

jet pump and CSV125.jpeg

Stackz

Reaction score
yup, all three of those make sense to me now. well, #3 looks weird by choking down after everything else and all...and whatever that random rubber line is...

I just dont get why many pump companies put the pressure switch on the head itself if it just messes with everything...but oh well. what is done is done.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I believe that rubber hose is coming off a pressure relief valve. And I think that is 3/4 galvanized pipe, which is plenty large enough for a 5-10 GPM jet pump for short distances.

Reach4

Reaction score
I dont understand why most places have the pressure switch mounted to the pump housing (head pressure) if that pretty much isnt right. its weird to me.
People like the convenience, even if it is not optimum. The downside of the pressure switch being mounted away from the pressure tank is that it can sense a higher pressure and shut off sooner. If you are into electronics, the pressure tank is analogous to a filter capacitor in a power supplies, and the pipes are analogous to resistors and inductors.

Stackz

Reaction score
Ok, I got the valve yesterday. I understand the reason for all the screws holding it together but is the red ring supposed to be loose? Do I just leave it as-is or hand tighten it? I know it's like that to help service the valve in the future/or assembly purposes but just want to make sure before I install it.

Stackz

Reaction score
I look at all the customer pics and I'm like...man, they have the best lowes ever. it actually stocks stuff in 1-1/4" its amazing. so yeah, after about 3 trips to my local lowes on james island (which is tiny and sucks) I bit the bullet and went across the drawbridge to the big local one and bought 3 of everything.

finally got it to stop leaking once pressurized and its amazing how well it works with this valve on it compared to before. 60psi head pressure and 30 psi constant past the valve...pump sounds weirder as well. almost like a sewing machine. then got as much of the pump house built out of old fencing as I could before I threw my hands up in the air for the day and went home to mow my own yard. lol.

oh and the weird angle on the output is because I didnt feel like pulling the piece of wood I used as a weight prop once I got it all together. meh. why not.

once I realized you REALLY need to adhere to the "8 wraps of teflon at least" rule it all worked itself out lol

80-img_20210516_143622690_hdr_9bdaabe1738ba221d82091c30d88c8b7e9ed87f4.jpg

80-img_20210516_165740793_hdr_632d026b83c33a49b6b47044c6b29328e667224b.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
That combo
p501-015-2.jpg
is probably not pressure rated, but if it were to fail it would only get the yard wet. And it probably will not fail, despite not being rated. You should protect plumbing pvc from long term sun. You could use paint or cover.

Glad the system is working.

Last edited:

Stackz

Reaction score
took me a day to wrap my brain around that lol.

yeah, thats a drain pipe into the sewer at the front of the property. if you look back at my pics you will see the old cast iron sink that was there that I ripped out of the way for access. then I capped that portion of the drain line. on the other side of that wall is the laundry room. the rest of the drain that is still there is for the washing machine.

my grandfather did a lot of things on this property and I'm tired of dealing with it. BUT! having a working well pump is a huge selling point so.....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks