Help with 2 different Layout options

Users who are viewing this thread

JonRVA

Reaction score
I'm replacing 4" cast iron and adding a basement bathroom.
One of the layouts would keep the main line 4" with the basement bathroom having a straighter path to where the main exits the building.

There are 2 Full Bathrooms on the main floor that would connect on the Wye branch of a 4x4x4

The other option I have is to reduce to 3" after the 4x4x2 wye for the basement sink and have the basement bathroom connect to the branch of the 3x3x3 wye.

All the bathrooms will be wet vented, the washer (vented separately) will connect to the basement bathroom line after the lav and sink. The Furnace room floor drain(vented separately) will connect to the bathroom sink line before the shower.

The 4" Test Tee will be for the inspection test, the vertical 3" stack will have a test Tee for clean-out access.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

LZSuyRA.jpg

eNsrTiI.jpg
sEbpWZdl.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It has been a long time since I have seen so many fittings on such a short run of pipe. I guess it is a DIY thing. "All the bathrooms will be "wet vented" "can mean a lot of things, not all of the proper or legal.

JonRVA

Reaction score
Yes DIY unfortunately, this is my own home. The 2 upstairs bathrooms are wet vented by their own lavs which will connect to the vertical stack in the attic. The kitchen is vented independently through the roof.
The basement wc and shower will be wet vented by the bathroom lav which will pick up the washer and floor dry vents above 42", I've been reading the forums for a while now and will be following the IPC.

This is what I'm replacing

Attachments

• 20171227_194851.jpg
    20171227_194851.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 233
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks