Help - wiring wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

BostonDan

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I've now had three companies out to service my boiler and one of my zones still doesn't function properly.

I have three zones, zone 1 and zone 2 works fine, but zone 3 only achieves heat when another zone 1 or 2 fires up the burner. Zone 3 will continue to cycle the circulator pump until another zone fires the burner and desired temperature is achieved. I'm 99% sure that the boiler was never wired correctly and I may not have the correct aquastat and relays to achieve the job. I have a Honeywell L8148J Aquastat/Relay, Honeywell RA832A-1041 Relay, and White Rodgers 829A-832 Relay.

Attached is a wiring diagram of my current setup. I'm 99% sure that this is not correct. Can anyone/someone please provide advice on how I should proceed?

Thanks again and looking forward to your response - BostonDan.
Heating_System_Wiring_Diagram.jpg

BostonDan

Reaction score

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Leave the internal blue and red! pull the wires running to x,x. You need to jumper between 1&3 on the relays.

BostonDan

Reaction score
After going through the relay block diagrams, I wired the (X - X) terminals on the White Rodgers 829A-832 in parallel with the (X - X) terminals on the Honeywell RA832A. I now have heat in all 3 zones. I did not add the jumpers between 1 & 3.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks