Help wiring two baseboards in parallel with one T-Stat

Users who are viewing this thread

andro_peter

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm in Montreal, Canada.

First, I just want to install everything and then call an electrician to validate and connect to the breaker.

Two baseboards in parallel with one T-Stat

Can you folks tell me if my installation (see draw enclosed) is correct? I was told to do it that way but the breaker shuts down (I know I said I'd call an electrician, but was too much currious). The only thing I was not told is whether I leave the black and red baseboards wires twisted together on each ones, but I think this is my problem.

Also, T-Stat wiring diagram enclosed.

Attachments

• bboard1.JPG
    bboard1.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 156
  • tstat.JPG
    tstat.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 307

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your wiring diagram is correct as far as the thermostat (the L terminals are Line terminals, not Load terminals) and the junction box, so either you've miswired the baseboards, your wiring doesn't match the diagram, or something is defective.

What is the part number of the baseboard heaters? The thermostat is presumably Honeywell CT410B per the second picture.

Cheers, Wayne

andro_peter

Reaction score
Your wiring diagram is correct as far as the thermostat (the L terminals are Line terminals, not Load terminals) and the junction box, so either you've miswired the baseboards, your wiring doesn't match the diagram, or something is defective.

What is the part number of the baseboard heaters? The thermostat is presumably Honeywell CT410B per the second picture.

Cheers, Wayne
Thanks for the answer. Yes the L terminals are the Line.

As I was curious, I decided to coonect to the breaker end put it on, but the breaker doesn't stay on. Would th problem be the two wires at both ends od the bboards twisted together ?

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't think that's likely, but I can't answer that question unless you answer the question about the baseboard model number, so I can research it.

Cheers, Wayne

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The lines need to be twisted together but also, not touching anything else. I'm assuming that there's a ground connection for safety in there, and if the line leads aren't insulated in that connection, fix that and try again. I'd use a wire nut to make that connection, or something similar designed specifically for the job.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks