Help! Troubleshooting well leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Thanks. Yes it builds to 50 and shuts off with the faucet closed or even half closed so that makes sense. Now I just need to decide if it's worth messing with it. If I leave it as is I need to re prime after the power has been off for a few days. Not the end of the world. When it's connected to power it will fill itself back up every few days.

If you have a pressure tank that fills to 50 before the pump shuts off, it might hold enough pressure on the foot valve to keep it from leaking back.

Reach4

Reaction score
Using a lower gpm sprinkler should help. Try to match what the pump can do.

Joeshmo

Reaction score
Using a lower gpm sprinkler should help. Try to match what the pump can do.
Thanks. Not using it for irrigation. I built a small off grid cabin for the family and this is the water source. Currently it is just an outside faucet and no indoor plumbing

Reach4

Reaction score
I think tell the family that if the flow is lower, the pressure can be higher. For filling a bucket, high flow is good, and pressure doesn't matter. For watering the flowers, a lower flow will give more distance from the nozzle.

Joeshmo

Reaction score
I think tell the family that if the flow is lower, the pressure can be higher. For filling a bucket, high flow is good, and pressure doesn't matter. For watering the flowers, a lower flow will give more distance from the nozzle.
Sounds good to me. In your opinion is it worth pulling the pipe and messing with a new footvalve or repositioning the packer based on the information you have?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks