HELP! TOTO TOILET need to return

Users who are viewing this thread

evergreen

Reaction score
Hello

We purchased a toto one piece gmax ultramax toilet and now plumber says he needs a 14 inch rough not a 10 inch.

Would you go with the Carlyle one piece?

We wanted quiet and quick flush....thank you much.:mad::eek:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I have a Carlyle in my master bath and have not had any issues with it. The unifit adapter allows a little more noise than an all porcelain trap, but I do not find it annoying at all - Totos tend to be fairly quiet, so it is a relative thing.

abak_carlyle.jpg

TOTO MS874114SG Carlyle

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The difference is, the smaller the rough-in on that 14" flange, the bigger the gap behind the toilet and the further it will stick out from the wall.

evergreen

Reaction score
thanks

We decided to keep the toilet and either build a small shelf wall behind it or build the wall out another 3 inches (the entire wall). I think I understand all of this now. Thank you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks