help to id make/model

Users who are viewing this thread

Paulypfunk

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I am trying to identify the make of this tub faucet. The previous plumber crushed the diverter stem inside the housing and I am trying to find a replacement stem....if I can remove it. This is in Seattle, probably put in during the last 10 years. My guess is that it is a Home Depot house brand, Glacier bay possibly? The bath faucet is very similar but the only writing I could get off of it is "Neoperl" on the aerator spout.

The HD website had no replacement diverter stems listed. any ideas on where to get parts?

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0257.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0257.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 240
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0255.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0255.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 265

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Until you take the diverter stem out and show us a picture of it, there is absolutely no way we could answer your question. Handles and trim pieces are NOT specific to any one manufacturer.

Paulypfunk

In the Trades
Reaction score
Well, therein lies the rub..... I can't get the diverter stem out. I am going to need to do some dental surgery to remove it. Stem probably wouldn't survive the process. I guess my question is now based on my gut assumption about it being a home depot special. Can I get parts for those things? The teenager working the plumbing isle didn't seem to know.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
As far as I know there are no parts sheets for Glacier Bay faucets, and it is VERY difficult to get the corrrect parts, even when you DO know the faucet model, which you do not. How about a picture of the faucet with the chrome pieces removed. That MIGHT help us identify it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks