Help. The blue pump is causing the Submersible Pump Protector to Trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Dean Shultis

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry that my knowledge is zero on this topic. Thats why I came here. So I'll just dive right in...

Our Pump Protector trips, then flashes red and green. This only happens when we run the water from faucets, but doesn't seem to trip while using the shower or washing machine. I know nothing about electrical or plumbing. But I know constantly unplugging and plugging back in the pump via the outlet should not be the solution that we have been doing. I'm just going to post some pictures here and maybe some one can help me troubleshoot? Please and thank you...

Our main problem is our Pump Protector trips after the blue pump kicks on and off at approximately the 5th time. The pump kicks on and off very regularly. And pressure is noticeably lower when the pump is running. This all seemed to start after the outlet used by the blue pump fried about 2 weeks ago. It has been replaced since, then the tripping started. Im not sure this is a related issue or not. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. And I will do my best to give more details if needed. Thank you in advance...

Attachments

• 20191016_201547.jpg
    20191016_201547.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 172
  • 20191016_201540.jpg
    20191016_201540.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 20191016_201533.jpg
    20191016_201533.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 162
  • 20191016_201527.jpg
    20191016_201527.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The picture of the pump protector is fuzzy. But it is probably telling you the pump is cycling on and off too much. Cycling on and off is the number one destroyer of all pumps. Those devices look for rapid cycling and shut the pump off. The bladder in your pressure tank is probably bad. Pressure tanks need to be about 75% air and 25% water. When the bladder breaks and they lose air it causes the pump to cycle more and more. People that do not have a pump protector looking for that have no idea there is a problem until the pump/motor is burned out. You will most likely need to replace the tank. There are much better ways to eliminate the cycling, and large tanks like that are no longer needed. One of our PK1A kits would be a good replacement for the tank you have, and would take up much less room with only a 4.5 gallon size tank. The CSV type setup has been known to make pumps like that last 53 years. LOL! See this thread. https://terrylove.com/forums/index....anyone-know-what-kind-of-valve-this-is.83778/

Sized Jet pump PK1A.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks