HELP! Someone removed my toilet and the old rusty bolts broke off in the floor

Users who are viewing this thread

Karen H

Reaction score
My toilet has been sitting on the floor, off of the drain for 6 weeks with the empty promises of plumber who is friend of family friend who is clearly never going to come through. Is there any way to rig this up again so it doesn't leak, etc? My daughter's boyfriend was trying to replace the inner tank parts and it led to this horrible mess when he couldn't get old bolts off and then took the entire toilet off so he could cut the upper tank bolts off. Photo attached.

I'm desperate with no money to pay a plumber, but I do have access to willing people with tools to help.

Attachments

• Toilet.jpg
    Toilet.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 529

Reach4

Reaction score
You could probably put in a repair flange to hold the new closet bolts down with.
Superior Model # 21015 repair ring has mounting tabs outside.
PASCO 21013 is similar in red

The black in the middle is probably the remnants of an old wax ring with a horn. You can lift that out.

flange-repair-red-ring-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Can't tell for sure...is the body of the flange plastic or metal? The ring is obviously steel. One reason why SS is recommended...the painted steel ones generally rust away over time.

If the flange is plastic, you can tear out the steel one and they make clamshell like ones that will fit into the retaining slot of the plastic. If the body is steel, a repair ring that bolts down should work...just make sure to seal it well to the body of the flange so it is both gas and water tight. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oatey-Stainless-Steel-Flange/1000126903
repair ring.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks