Help replacing 1940's Mueller shower/tub stems

Users who are viewing this thread

Craig H.

Reaction score
20220107_112804.jpg

I need to replace these tub/shower stems in my old built in 1947 house. I can't find them anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Any clue what the brand is?

While you may get lucky, something that is maybe close to 80-years old, just may not have any parts available.

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your valve was made by the Mueller Co. The stems, seats and trim are still produced. There has been a stem modification but would not affect it's operation. The replacement shown is from the Barry Walter Co. in Colorado. Many wholsalers purchase from them or check with them for an area distributor

Attachments

• Mueller.pdf
    60 KB · Views: 128

Craig H.

Reaction score
Your valve was made by the Mueller Co. The stems, seats and trim are still produced. There has been a stem modification but would not affect it's operation. The replacement shown is from the Barry Walter Co. in Colorado. Many wholsalers purchase from them or check with them for an area distributor
Oh wow. Thank you very much. I will look into this.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks