Help, re boiler system

Users who are viewing this thread

aynat73

Reaction score
i have just purchased a 1960's 3 bedroom semi which currently has a megaflo 95 water tank which is ran by a back boiler, I want to replace the back boiler and have recieved conflicting advice from various plumbers, most are saying that I should replace all pipework and radiators and fit a baxi 105he, but I have also been told to service the megaflo and install a normal potterton suprema (he) boiler, both are fairly expensive, so I want to make sure I make the right decision.
hope someone can help :)

e-plumber

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Boiler Replacement

Generally when a heating boiler needs to be replaced, the existing heating piping and radiators are not changed, the boiler itself is swapped out for the new one. I would shy away from the contractors suggesting to replace the complete heating system. Get a referral for a reputable plumber in your area from family or friends.

e-plumber

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
aynat73 said:
thanks, so would you recommend i stick with the megaflo?

To be honest, I have never heard of any of these brands, (megaflo 95, baxi 105he, or a normal potterton suprema (he) boiler) and without being there, it is impossible to advise you on which decision to make.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
boiler

Is this a British system? Some of the terminology implies that it is, and if so you really need input from a local plumber who is familiar with the ideosyncrasies of that type of system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks