Help please! What model are my sprinkler nozzles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tariqv

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have recently moved to a house with a garden and the irrigation system is preinstalled. I am having problems with some of the sprinkler nozzles in that the arc and the pressure is far from ideal; however I'm unable to remove the damn thing to replace with the Rainbird VAN nozzles I have purchased.

Here are some pics of the nozzles, sorry for the bad quality but this was the best I was able to manage. Appreciate if you could advise what they are and how I could remove them.

Many thanks!

Edit: I've tried turning the screwlike thing with an allen screw to no avail...

Attachments

• IMG_8198.JPG
    IMG_8198.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_8201.JPG
    IMG_8201.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_8202.JPG
    IMG_8202.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 328

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
It's not rocket science here and very simple. The top part of the pop up screws off and you'll have the nozzle and usually a filter below it. You'll find that the filter and inside the nozzle is filled with gunk. Lately almost all pops up the nozzles are threaded the same between brand types so any replacement nozzle will work. However, if you have an old system I find it easier to replace the entire pop up sprinkler. Very easy to do and I preferred to spend a little more that have brass nozzles. They clog less, a better spray and can take a beating. The problem with yours is pieces of it are broken off and it is usually it got hit with an edger. If you're going to just replace the nozzles remove them and run the water to flush out debris in the lines. It's all part of routine maintenance. Rainbird web site is good with info but you're from Turkey? What brands are available there?

http://www.rainbird.com/homeowner/products/sprays/index.htm

Tariqv

Reaction score
It's not rocket science here and very simple. The top part of the pop up screws off and you'll have the nozzle and usually a filter below it. You'll find that the filter and inside the nozzle is filled with gunk. Lately almost all pops up the nozzles are threaded the same between brand types so any replacement nozzle will work. However, if you have an old system I find it easier to replace the entire pop up sprinkler. Very easy to do and I preferred to spend a little more that have brass nozzles. They clog less, a better spray and can take a beating. The problem with yours is pieces of it are broken off and it is usually it got hit with an edger. If you're going to just replace the nozzles remove them and run the water to flush out debris in the lines. It's all part of routine maintenance. Rainbird web site is good with info but you're from Turkey? What brands are available there?

http://www.rainbird.com/homeowner/products/sprays/index.htm

Hi there, thanks for the reply! I actually tried screwing the nozzle off but there doesn't seem to be any screw with this nozzle, which is the problem. I also have the Rainbird nozzles on some of the sprinklers which are very easy to replace. I will look into replacing the entire pop up sprinkler, I removed one assembly accidentally today with one of the other non-problematic sprinklers so I'll try it tomorrow. Will post how it goes...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks