Archway, Help please...I'm out of ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

V1rtu0s1ty

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your husbands.

When you said "NASA wind tunnels", I was shocked. :D I don't even know what those are. I'm pretty sure that it's a complicated job/task or project. :)

I've some updates. My wife asked me to help her clean the basement on January. She wants me to start working on the basement. :D I've waited so long to have a room for my home theater. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish everything under 2 years. So looks like the kitchen project will be done after the basement project. I'll keep you posted. ;)

Thanks again!

Cookie

Reaction score
Thank you. To be honest this is a tough time of the year for me, sometimes I think I will never get over the loss of him for he was just a nice man. I liked him.

The basement that will be so much fun to do. Well, so far as the windtunnels they actually utilize some of the largest drives in the world. On this one we were replacing the aging fan drive system with a new Adjustable Speed Drive using a single 135,000 HP synchronous motor. These tunnels are used by the aircraft industry for its ability to accurately simulate the full scale, in-flight performance characteristics of large transport aircraft at transonic speeds. My dad used to kid me saying, " you are smarter than you look." I loved that. lol. It is really nothing big, I only did the mathematics on it, my husband engineered it he was the smart one. It was just fun to do together.

Last edited:

Jetlag

Reaction score
cut a hole

I would cut a hole around the corner between the corner studs and the next stud the right size for the return air grill to fit. Thru that hole you can take the duct off the return box and use a flexible duct to reconnect it to the duct pipe .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks