Help picking electric water heater

Discussion in 'Water Heater Forum, Tanks' started by stealle, Feb 11, 2017.

1. stealle

stealle New Member

I'm building a new home in the spring. It's in the country. The electric company is a co-op. In order to get there best electric rates I have to have a heat pump and an electric water heater. So, for a family of 4-5 what electric water heater do you recommend (brand/capacity)? I'm not sure if this info is needed, but it will be a ranch style house with the water heater in the basement. Well water, septic system, propane gas.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  2. hj

hj Master Plumber

Plumber
    It makes little difference. ALL electric heaters use the same elements and thermostats. The only differences are the tanks themselves and there is NO way to guarantee that one will last any longer than the other in a given set of circumstances. If you use a heater greater than 50 gallons you will probably have to go with a hybrid heat pump unit and they have very specific requirements for their installation, besides being more expensive.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement