Help patching leaky shutoff valve!

Users who are viewing this thread

AaronMakDonald

Reaction score
I need help patching a leaky shut-off valve for the floor radiator in my apartment. I live in a large building and cannot contact building maintenance at the moment or isolate the line as it goes to the apartment next door. I tried patching it with gorilla tape with no success. The valve itself isn't leaking but the two ends that attach to the piping are. The leak is pretty bad and I'm not sure to patch it. Again I can't shutoff the water in the line or contact maintenance to replace it for the time being so aside from putting a tray underneath it I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone have any advice on how to patch this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ccccccccccccc.png

Thanks.

Attachments

• ccccccccccccc.png
    ccccccccccccc.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 236
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks