Users who are viewing this thread

Trettini

Reaction score
image.jpeg

Hello Plumbing Wizards,

My toilet, that has to be replaced, is 14 rough in but also has only 4" from the shut off to the center.
The shut off valve is too close to the base.
I purchased a Toto Vespin II that didn't fit at the base and now am stuck with it plus need to get a new one.

Toto said they don't have any models that would fit. And recommended to get a plumber move the switch. I previously got quotes from 3 plumbers for this job: one refused to deal with it, the other two said it will be around 2 grand - need to remove tile from parts of wall and floor etc.
I have a Toto washlet for a seat.
What are currently my options given
I am not looking to spend a fortune?
Thank you so much

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
dahl_valve_toto.jpg

Dahl valve for TOTO installations. This one works copper pipe.
Or you can solder on a copper 90, or if you have threaded pipe, a threaded 90 and a nipple to move it to the side.

legato_03.jpg

Here is a Legato.

ms614-584-connect-2.jpg

Where the shutoff should be.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
neorest-install-06.jpg

Here is a brass 90 out of the wall, turned the other way for a Neorest. For the Vespin you would turn it to the left.
dahl_stop_2.jpg

The Dahl stop for TOTO.
Again, I've also used a Sharkbite 90 to move it and I've soldered on a copper 90 before.
Sounds like it would be cheaper to fly me out to install your toilet though. My brother in Virginia did that once with his airline miles.

dahl-mini-ball-2.jpg

This one was sort of buried in the wall a bit.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks