Joyann

Reaction score
We disconnected an old claw foot tub, refinished it, and now wish to
hook it back up to its original copper piping, with cut off valves if
possible. We have found that the original pipes
were two different sizes.
Told that it is not made in those odd sizes anymore. Pressure couplings
are not quite right, some leaking occuring. Tried flange tool, but as this
is old copper, did not work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
The house is between 75- nearly 100 years old. Pipes are branched off
from the wall and bent up to the old tub. Really need to get it all back
together again.
Thanks for any and all help.
joyann

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
old tub

Dig down to the bottom of those two tub supplies. They probably are connected to iron pipe threads. I think that you can still get old style bath tub supplies. Nuts and rubber washers should come with them......

Joyann

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. The supply lines to the tub branch off from the main supply lines running along the baseboard. They are connected with a T type of connector. The supply lines have many coats of paint on them as they were painted along with the baseboard. Is there a way that I can tell without taking the lines apart whether it is connected to an iron pipe thread? We cut the lines assuming we would put in cut off valves when reinstalling everything, and then found the size of the copper pipes not the same as the new copper from the plumbing supply. I thought maybe a salvage place might have what we need. Thanks for your thoughts!!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks