Help....need to adapt 1/2" to imported 15mm shower fixture

Users who are viewing this thread

Jim TAte

NC_Goober
Reaction score
I have a UK imported exposed shower valve that has two compression inlet pipes that only accepts 15mm pipe (after being wrongly told that it also accepted 1/2" by replacing 15mm ferrules with 1/2" ferrules).
Tile guy arrives in a week or so.
Anybody have a USA sourceable solution?

Getting desperate and thinking about having some heavy wall K-type 1/2" tubing down to 15mm O.D.
You have to take 0.625 OD (1/2" pipe) down to 0.590 (15mm)
With K pipe that leaves a wall thickness of 0.031 which is thicker than regular M type (0.028)

Valve link
https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk...ple-exposed-thermostatic-shower-valve-tsvt102

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
K, L, M tubing have the same outside diameter . I use L tubing fro all above ground hot water heating and potable water systems and K for under ground

Try contacting a faucet repair parts place NY replacement parts in Manhattan they usually have the correct adapters or LAS replacement parts also in NYC

Lee Enfield

Reaction score
"K, L, M tubing have the same outside diameter ."

I understand that they are all 0.625" Outside Diameter for standard US 1/2 nominal copper tubing.
That 0.625" equals 15.87mm

The UK valve has a ferrule for european 15mm OD pipe (0.590")

One idea I floated is that at the stub out of the 0.625" OD pipe I would lathe down the exposed portion down to 15mm/0.590" so that it fits into the Euro valve

The thick wall K pipe has an Inner Diameter of 0.527 which means that I have a resultant wall thickness of ~ 0.31" which is marginally thicker than the wall thickness of thinwall type M so I think that is OK for thickness.

If I tried to lathe down type L or M the resultant wall thickness would be too thin or non existent.

I found your referrals on web. Will give them a call tomorrow.

I wonder if going from 0.625" to 0.590 can just be done by chucking pipe into drill press and sanding it down?
Don't necessarily have an easy solution to chuck a 0.625: pipe into a 1/2" chuck though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks