Help me turn these pipes! - Waste line for sink no longer needed

Users who are viewing this thread

ernieden

Reaction score
Amateur Plumber looking for some expert advice.

I have this waste line that was previously hooked up to a sink. I've removed the sink and now I want to Drywall the wall and have the waste line hidden.

I don't know how to turn the pipes or connector and cap this off.

Any help from the pros would be greatly appreciated. I have some pipe wrenches but don't know if anything needs to be heated up, etc... or which pipe to turn first and which way.

Thanks in advance!
2012.jpg

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
Remove that steel pipe nipple the rag is hanging out and install (1) flat slotted clean out plug

you can drywall around it or over it but will still be their if in the future you or some else wants to but

a sink there again

otherwise you need a sawzall to cut out the tee and cap pipes

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You will never spin the tee with wrenches.
Like Jerry mentioned above, you can plug the tee, or cut it out with metal blades and then cap the pipes.

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
You'd have to start wherever there is a union if you wanted to break that apart with pipe wrenches... It will probably be on the other side of the house, 50 feet+ away...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks