Help me identify and find this part please

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevin strick

Reaction score
Please help me identify and find this part.
It is installed on a shallow well pump

Attachments

• 474A76B7-6E6D-48EE-ABE8-D8795625093A.jpeg
    474A76B7-6E6D-48EE-ABE8-D8795625093A.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 280

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
LOL! That is and "Jacuzzi Aqua Genie" model AQ80. It basically hides the pressure switch from the mainline until less than 1/5 of a GPM is being used. Then it "un-hides" the pressure switch and lets the pump shut off. Similar to a Cycle Stop Valve they eliminate pump cycling and make pumps last a long time. They were also very inexpensive and worked with a very small pressure tank, again similar to a CSV. When Franklin bought out Jacuzzi, they stopped making Aqua Genies BECAUSE they are inexpensive and make pumps last a long time. Being inexpensive and lasting a long time does not fit the corporate agenda to make a LOT of money. If you call Franklin they will tell you to replace the pump with one of their Inline booster pumps like pictured below. These things look like R2D2, use a computerized variable speed controller, cost about 1200 bucks, and are made to be replaced often.
Franklin inline booster.jpg

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A regular jet pump like the one you have, controlled with a CSV using a PK1A kit will perform very similar to the AQ80. The CSV doesn't cost much and will make the pump last a long time, which is why you won't find the big pump manufacturers recommending a CSV.

PK1A with Jet Pump vertical sized.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks