Help me identify a tub drain/waste/overflow handle

Users who are viewing this thread

nfilippeos

Reaction score
Hi: I'm new to this forum and I would appreciate any help with identifying the type of handle I need for an unknown tub drain/waste/overflow kit. The tub stopper is cable operated by turning a handle which is mounted on the overflow fitting. The handle mounts on a post which is round and has splines. The entire unit is brass, with a flexible brass/copper overflow pipe. I'm not sure how to attach a photo of the fitting: I tried but the website says the file is too large (354k). Thanks in advance.
Nick

Reaction score
Thanks for joining and posting the forums.

With many new members looking for advice and answers, be reminded that good photos and illustrations always invite an audience that can give faster replies that are less generalized and more suited to your exact needs.

Try to provide at least two photos. Include a closeup of the attention area so we can identify fine details, and include one zoomed out so we can see the rest of the room and things nearby, adjacent areas, floors underneath. Use a black marker to write on blue painter's tape or bright colored Post-It's to mark areas of interest, there is no need to modify your photos with fancy text overlays. Take as many photos as you can, choose the best ones that are clear.

Do include diagrams for plumbing and supply line projects. A scan or photo of a hand drawn illustration done quick on paper is usually easier for most to create than trying to make one in a computer app. We don't need architect plans, just something simple to help us understand your idea.

Make sure your location is in your member profile, this tells us where you are so other members here with experience in your area may give you specific recommendations that may apply to your seasonal weather conditions and state code.

Edit the subject title of this post to summarize the exact nature of your issue. "Second story toilet is clogged" will attract more readers than "Help I am in desperate trouble!" which more will ignore, possibly leaving your post unanswered.

While waiting for replies, please make some effort and take the opportunity to search these forums extensively, it is likely that many in the past had your similar issue, and you may find solved solutions quicker than the many days it can sometimes take for you to get answers you want.

As you solve your problem to finish, kindly please follow up on this thread you created and update your progress, so future members with your same problem can see that this may also be used to help them.

nfilippeos

Reaction score
Thanks for joining and posting the forums.

With many new members looking for advice and answers, be reminded that good photos and illustrations always invite an audience that can give faster replies that are less generalized and more suited to your exact needs.

Try to provide at least two photos. Include a closeup of the attention area so we can identify fine details, and include one zoomed out so we can see the rest of the room and things nearby, adjacent areas, floors underneath. Use a black marker to write on blue painter's tape or bright colored Post-It's to mark areas of interest, there is no need to modify your photos with fancy text overlays. Take as many photos as you can, choose the best ones that are clear.

Do include diagrams for plumbing and supply line projects. A scan or photo of a hand drawn illustration done quick on paper is usually easier for most to create than trying to make one in a computer app. We don't need architect plans, just something simple to help us understand your idea.

Make sure your location is in your member profile, this tells us where you are so other members here with experience in your area may give you specific recommendations that may apply to your seasonal weather conditions and state code.

Edit the subject title of this post to summarize the exact nature of your issue. "Second story toilet is clogged" will attract more readers than "Help I am in desperate trouble!" which more will ignore, possibly leaving your post unanswered.

While waiting for replies, please make some effort and take the opportunity to search these forums extensively, it is likely that many in the past had your similar issue, and you may find solved solutions quicker than the many days it can sometimes take for you to get answers you want.

As you solve your problem to finish, kindly please follow up on this thread you created and update your progress, so future members with your same problem can see that this may also be used to help them.

Thank you for your reply. You mentioned about posting photos, but I'm not sure how to do it since the website does not accept the photo I tried to upload (354k). Can anyone suggest how I can post a photo?

nfilippeos

Reaction score
20160411_170008.jpg

Here it is. I used Photoshop to reduce the file size. Thanks for your suggestions. I need the handle that mounts on this spline, in Brilliant Brass finish, but I can't identify the manufacturer.

nfilippeos

Reaction score
We need to see a photo of it with the old handle.

Sorry. I should have mentioned that this is a new installation of a tub I bought about 5 years ago. The overflow drain assembly was in a plastic bag with no identification markings. I checked with Maax (tub's manufacturer) and they said it was a Geberit product. I checked with Geberit, which were kind enough to send me a replacement handle, but the handle had a square hole, not splined. Here is another photo of the tub.
DSCN0624.JPG

Reaction score
Danco will have round splined replacement handles like that.

On the Danco.com website, scroll all the way to the bottom, and you will find a single pdf catalog you can download.

Good luck.

Last edited:

nfilippeos

Reaction score
Wow! What a great catalog! However, the information and/or part I'm looking for is not there. Thanks for trying.

Reaction score
You aren't going to find the exact match.

You just need one that fits in the spline, and they do sell them. Ribbed splines are very universal, as you can see on the many stems they sell.

You need to consider if you want to get your tub's feature to work now or never.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks