Help me ID what I need for garden tub faucet install?

Users who are viewing this thread

Carl C.

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm Carl from Texas - I'm a disabled woodworker who has spent 2 years building an outdoor shower out of reclaimed timber and pallet wood. I'm including a sample photo of my project, along with a random Googled photo of a garden tub to show a tub similar to mine. I have a garden tub that I'll be installing very soon, and I am unsure of what plumbing parts/supplies I need to install two faucets and the tub spout.

Would someone here kindly point me online to an affordable rough in valve kit for my install? I think that's what it's called but I'm not very experienced in this stuff. I already have the faucets and tub spout, and need the rest of what I'll need to hook it all up.

The pretty door with the ray pattern and butterflies is the door to my outdoor shower.

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided here!

Garden Tub Master Bath 1075 Cliffview Drive.jpg

4.JPG

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I am not sure if you helped or hurt yourself, because once you bought the "Faucets and spout" you committed yourself to buying ONLY the roughin kit that fits those parts.

tub-shaped-like-heart.jpg

What I like to use.

Carl C.

Reaction score
I am not sure if you helped or hurt yourself, because once you bought the "Faucets and spout" you committed yourself to buying ONLY the roughin kit that fits those parts.

Hi,
I'm hoping it didn't hurt me too much - would it be possible to list the specs for the faucet and spout, and receive an opinion on what I'll need as far as a rough-in kit?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
We need the make and model of the parts, not their specifications to make a recommendation. As a practical matter, in most cases a given set of trim will only fit ONE roughin valve although many trims will fit that one valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks