Help leaky older Delta 3-handle faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

JMac

Reaction score
I have a leaky faucet that is getting worse. I am guessing it is Delta as that is what it says on the handles. The faucet was installed anywhere from the early 70s until the mid-00s, and most likely they are original from the 70s. The only thing metal is the extension pipe; everything else is plastic. I got down to the wall nub, but didn't want to go further without 'assistance' and hopefully some idea of what I will need when I get there.
What do I use to get the plastic nub out, or do I need to remove it, or is it even removable? I am guessing the cartridge or washer that needs replaced lays just beyond this?
TIA
James tub_1.jpg tub_2.jpg tub_5.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That "thing" in the right hand picture IS the stem. I cannot tell if you have removed its retainer or not, (it looks like you have), but if you have it just pulls out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks