[HELP] installing drain saddle under kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

AcuraKidd

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I need help installing this drain saddle under my sink.
I'm basically installing a water filter and need to install this part to the drain pipe.
The problem is the pipes they have in their pictures are different than what I have under my sink.
Their's is all plastic, where as mines are mostly metal.

Anyone can offer advice how I should safely install this. Maybe mark up the picture where it's safe to install this saddle?
The instructions I'm following are here:

my sink.jpg

sample.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Anyone can offer advice how I should safely install this. Maybe mark up the picture where it's safe to install this saddle?
index.php

If this is a picture of your setup, I would think an inch or two to the left or right of the tee. In other words, center on the horizontal part of the copper. I am not a plumber.

If you need the clearance for your drill to make the 1/4 inch hole, you could rotate that branch tailpiece/tailpiece extension to get some vertical clearance. If you have a right-angle drill or attachment, then you would have an easier time drilling.

I guess you could drill the other horizontal copper instead, and have easier clearance for your drill.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks