Help installing bathroom sinks

Users who are viewing this thread

Phyllis Bryant

Reaction score
Bathroom left sink plumbing-C.jpg
Bathroom left sink plumbing-I.jpg
Bathroom left sink plumbing-F.jpg

Hi, I’m a new senior citizen member that could use some help installing 2 Kohler round 18” bathroom sinks with Moem single handle chrome faucets. I purchased both sinks; in excellent condition, at a garage sale…for…wait for it…$4.00!

Just what I needed since my same size sinks were cracked around the porcelain part close to the drain and beginning to rust.

My husband passed away last year so I am going to attempt to install them myself. [OMG!] Anyway, the problem I’m having is the 12” long 3/8” copper lines from the faucets. Finally my question. What kind of male connection should I buy that will fit to the bottom of the copper lines in order to hook up the flexible water supply system I purchased at home Depot? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
View attachment 41469 View attachment 41470 View attachment 41471
Hi, I’m a new senior citizen member that could use some help installing 2 Kohler round 18” bathroom sinks with Moem single handle chrome faucets. I purchased both sinks; in excellent condition, at a garage sale…for…wait for it…$4.00!

Just what I needed since my same size sinks were cracked around the porcelain part close to the drain and beginning to rust.

My husband passed away last year so I am going to attempt to install them myself. [OMG!] Anyway, the problem I’m having is the 12” long 3/8” copper lines from the faucets. Finally my question. What kind of male connection should I buy that will fit to the bottom of the copper lines in order to hook up the flexible water supply system I purchased at home Depot? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
3/8th compression x 1/2 mip adapters.

Reach4

Reaction score
It is possible that the copper lines could connect to the valves you have with minor bending. Bending short lines to fit is hard. Those might be long enough. Don't bend the copper closed.

It may be that you could cut the copper to length and get new ferrules.

Another possibility is to undo those two nuts near the copper under the sink, lift the faucet assembly, replace the copper with new flex lines with 1/2 inch on top, use putty and put the faucet back in place. Flex lines are easier to work with. This is what I think plumber69 was suggesting.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Are you confident enough to tackle this yourself?
Do you have the few necessary tools to complete this job?

Phyllis Bryant

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay guys in getting back. Well, I did it! With many problems installing the sink. I couldn’t figure out how the ring would stay on the sink. I had the caulking around the metal ring stuck the sink on it and for some foolish reason I thought it would hold but when I set it in the hole it fell through! Good thing I had a jack with a board on it under the sink hole. Now I turned into Wonder Woman and lifted the sink out. All this took me from 11:Am to 7:30PM yesterday and that was just the sink, faucet and flexible water lines.

Today I installed drainage pipes and also new ¼ turn shut off valves cause the others were old and didn’t shut off completely. I had to cut the copper water lines cause they were soldered on. The turn off valves had the Shark Bite fitting so I had no problem with that. I couldn’t believe I didn’t have any leaks…anywhere. It took me another 2 hours to clean up the mess. Now I got the other sink to install! But I’m putting that on hold until I recuperate for awhile.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks