Help installing a seat in shower faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by bbillcee, Nov 17, 2014.

1. bbillcee

bbillcee Member

So I was able to get a replacement stem and seat for my 1930's faucet....

The seat threads seem to be identical to the one I took out only when I go to install it it feels like its starting to cross-thread. I obviously dont want to try to force it in, any ideas? The old one goes in out a little tight but not like this one so quickly

2. asktom

asktom Member

A good way to be sure that you have the correct seat is to identify the stem in a parts catalog, most will identify the correct seat.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. hj

hj Master Plumber

Plumber
    Go to a hardware store and test the old and new seats in their seat thread gauge to make sure they are both EXACTLY the same.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2016