Help IDing Toto Model

Users who are viewing this thread

das108

Reaction score
Hi all:

Moved into a new house with a Toto toilet. It's been not filling and/or running. I need to replace the flapper I am pretty sure, and possibly the valve also. But I can't figure out the model # to make sure I get the right thing. There is absolutely nothing printed inside the tank except for what is maybe the letter "10" etched in. Underneath on the right side, this is etched in:
OTO
U2 17
10 2250302
1.6 GPF 6LPF

Here is a picture. Can anyone ID it?

Also, I saw some threads on this but never a clear answer -- can I use the Korky 528 in there, or do I need the special Toto version? (There is a regular 528 in there now, but I have no idea if it is part of the problem or original.)

Thanks!

Attachments

• File_000.jpeg
    File_000.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 289

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
toto_cst854_inside_tank.jpg

The Ultramax had the Red Flapper, and the Ultimate had the Blue Flapper.

Fluidmaster makes a universal 3" flapper that works with both.
The fill valve can be a Fluidmaster Performax with the adjustable bowl refill
Or Korky makes a silver cap fill valve 528MP and a blue cap for the TOTO 528T.
The white cap Korky 528 doesn't have the correct bowl refill for TOTO.

The handle is a THU004

das108

Reaction score
This is what happens when I go to the hardware store before checking with the experts...

So the one in there now is not the right thing. Although the flapper was clearly worn too, seems like I should replace all of it with the correct stuff.

Just to clarify, I can use any of (1) Fluidmaster Performax with the adjustable bowl refill; (2) Korky silver cap fill valve 528MP; (3) Korky blue cap 528T?

Thanks so much Terry.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks