Help identifying

Users who are viewing this thread

blazedmg

Reaction score
So I've had this drip for about a year and a half. I recently tried to fix it myself and realize that you had to know the specific brand or model of stuff. I'm sure Lowe's is tired of having me return stuff. My townhouse was built around 1975. I don't even know if the handles I replaced were original or not but they had the plastic stems. After replacing the hot water valve, (trying to narrow down the problem) there was still a drip. I believe it's coming from the diverter. But after looking on the inside it looks totally different from the hot and the cold side. I've attached pictures. I tried looking up the valve body and can't find it. It almost looks like the valve body was put together like Frankenstein. I really want to take a shower. 20230524_022751.jpg20230524_022757.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
A lot of these can be identified by the handle, other trim components and the cartridges themselves. Pics of those would help.

And since you have the back of the shower open, the entire valve could be replaced outright with either a new 3 handle valve, or you could upgrade to a single handle pressure balanced valve with a cover plate that hides the holes in the tile.

Reach4

Reaction score
Are you saying there is a drip from the diverter spout while you take a shower in your shower tub? That is normal.

Are you saying there is a drip from the spout, into the tub, when the water is turned off? I think that is what you are saying.

So looking into your open valve housings, it looks like there is no hex or square shape in a seat. There is no hex or square, is there?

Do the valve stems that you unscrewed have replaceable washers?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks