Help identifying the Brand of this tub faucet

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Kala B, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Kala B

Kala B New Member

The house was built in 1973 and I am pretty sure this is an original faucet. I want to replace it but nothing on it identifies what brand it is. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. dj2

dj2 In the Trades

If you want to replace the body, stems and trim with a similar 3 handle faucet, you don't need to know what brand you have. Just buy a new faucet that includes all the parts.

If you only want to replace the stems, then remove one stem, take it to a plumbing shop and buy a replacement kit.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Leonard W. Mendoza

Leonard W. Mendoza New Member

Home Services
    Hey! frankly speaking, it's difficult for me to identify the brand name of with the given image but I don't think you will need that for replacing at all. Just choose faucet as per your preference.

5. Kala B

Kala B New Member

Thanks! I had been told before it matter what brand but that was for a different type of shower handle so I assumed it was the same for this.

6. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    Depending on the valve and who made it, while a few use common parts across brands, you usually need to know not only the brand, but also the model which is why it's always a good idea to retain the installation instructions...I know, trying to keep something like that over many years doesn't happen all that often. On some, very popular valves, some aftermarket companies make replacement parts, but usually, if the OEM items are still available, they will tend to work better longer.