Help identifying hose bib brand

Users who are viewing this thread

Dajguy

Reaction score
I am seeking help in identifying this hose bib that has an integrated vacuum breaker. Another one just like it is leaking badly on the vacuum breaker side from below the plastic shield that the arrow is pointing to. I see no manufacturer information on it at all except for the threaded hose adapter part that displays the name NIDEL B642 but that appears to be specific to the hose adapter part of the fixture, not the rest of the valve. I tried using Google Lens to identify it but had no success there.

Also, would you suspect a hose bib like this will likely require a repair kit specific to this model, or will it likely use standard components that may be available locally at either a big box store or plumbing supply house? I live in the Chattanooga Tennessee area, FWIW.

Thanks for your help.

David

Hose bib view 1b.jpg
Hose bib view 2b.jpg

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I am seeking help in identifying this hose bib that has an integrated vacuum breaker.
I think you will find that the vacuum breaker is just an add-on that unscrews, not integrated. If removed, there should be standard GHT beneath it.

If it is leaking from where the arrow points, then likely there is an O-ring or packing that needs replacing.

Dajguy

Reaction score
Sorry, I realized that I stated this incorrectly. It is leaking on the valve stem side. Would you suspect that the O-ring or packing is likely a commonly available product, or likely specialized where I would need to figure out the manufacture of the fixture to get parts?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sorry, I realized that I stated this incorrectly. It is leaking on the valve stem side. Would you suspect that the O-ring or packing is likely a commonly available product, or likely specialized where I would need to figure out the manufacture of the fixture to get parts?
I'd suspect a packing of some sort.

Dajguy

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, and especially Marlinman - tip sent!

This worked so well, I'm going to start another thread with another hose bib model that is leaking on the same building.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks