Help identifying brand to find parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Parker

Reaction score
Our house is well over 50 years old, yet unsure if the faucets in the tub are that old. This is a picture of the stem on the cold side and a pic of the barrel. Have a drip issue and expect new parts may fix. I am not a plumber, so any help would be appreciated!
20161009_112350.jpg
20161009_113921.jpg

Gary Parker

Reaction score
Sorry, it's basically just got one hump of grey plastic that determines the extent of which the knob will turn. I don't have it apart right now or I would take a pic. But was told on another forum that it was Delta...but after looking at the parts for them, I noticed they show a spring, which I have yet to see in what I have unless it is inside barrel behind the seating rubber for which the stem seals. Still looking for answers, so thanks for your reply and any help is good.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The SHAPE of the top is what is important, but it is not likely to be a Delta. The spring is under the rubber seal. Valley also has a spring but its parts are different from Deltas, although they LOOK "similar".

Gary Parker

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your time replying to my post. I took the knob back off and without taking stem out, this is the top as it sits. It is still working, but not probably not for long. I actually took a heat gun to the plastic to pry it back level on the end and gooped it with Vaseline to help seal. Hope this helps more in identification.

Attachments

• 20161013_101523.jpg
    20161013_101523.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 215

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
it has all the characteristics of a Valley II stem, but your photo is still not from the best angle. A photo of it OUT of the faucet would be better.

Gary Parker

Reaction score
Thanks again, after reading your reply I looked at some Valley II parts, and indeed they look identical except no brass. But I expected that in this day and time. What would I need tool wise to take this apart completely to get at spring and replace the seat rubber? Any tips or tricks will appreciated.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You ust stick something into the rubber seat and pull it, and the spring, out. The spring will come with a white plastic insert with instructions as to WHICH side of the spring goes downwards.

Gary Parker

Reaction score
Thanks and even though I am working nights and should be asleep, I have been studying online both Delta and Valley parts. and you are right, they very similar. I found a pic with the nut style that is on my faucet and it seems very close....only thing is, I can't see anymore views and don't know exactly what brand or part number is being shown. But if I was a guessing man, would say this is the closest thing I have found that would replace what I have.

Attachments

• faucet parts.jpg
    faucet parts.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 216

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
When I cannot identify components, I take them to the plumbing supply store where there are good illustrated catalogs and parts on hand to match up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks