Help identifying bath faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

JimLS

Reaction score
Have a leaking bath faucet that I need to get a cartridge for. Wish I had kept records of faucet make/models... Installed in 2004. And which parts are supposed to move on the threaded body - the steel washer on top or the threaded part on the bottom that had a toggle part to lock onto the bottom of the sink? I am guessing the bottom part. The toggle part popped off in getting it out.

The spline shaft has one tooth missing intentionally - perhaps this is a clue to make. Didn't find any make or model on top or below.

I have quite a few faucets and this is only the third one to leak in 12 years. This one is the cold valve - should I replace the hot while I am doing this to avoid future trouble? What's the life of these valves? Or are the failures just random?

20170619_213538.jpg
20170620_090614.jpg

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
You need to take the stem/cartridge out of the faucet body. Then lay it next to a ruler and take an up close in focus picture. We need to see the stem and the length. More light or a flash might help. An in focus picture of the end of the stem would help to understand the shape of the broach. The spline count would help too. Count either the grooves or the ridges around the broach/where the handle attaches to the stem.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is a Pfister wide spread faucet. Probably Portola #GT49. 1-800- PFAUCET for parts. IF you just needed the "cartridge", you took a lot more apart than you had to and may need a new valve body since you may have destroyed the "toggle mounting" mechanism.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks