Help Identify this shower pan

Users who are viewing this thread

Rocknroj

Reaction score
I have a leak in this thing and am trying to determine how it was installed. I have only done shower pans with built in curbs and lips. This appears to only be sealed by caulking?? Had to take the wall down behind it to fix secure the loose valve body and decided better to do a test by spraying water around and got a drip coming out where it appears the wall and base come together.

I cannot find any brand marks anywhere. Seems pretty sketchy to rely on caulking to keep the water from leaking down to the floor below but what do I know.

photos here https://www.flickr.com/photos/rocknroj/albums/72177720305436188

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Never seen anything like that . If its built like I think it might I dont like it. perhaps the pan has a flange the walls lap over but pictures dont support that type of build ,

Rocknroj

Reaction score
Took a plastic putty knife and started removing caulk.. Two layers. Different material. I added a couple pics.

One layer supposedly adhering a drip lip covered by a second layer of silicone. They only installed ( or should I say attempted to install) the drip edge on the side below the valve. You can see the pics of my probe going thru the other wall.

Its gonna get yanked.. It was a tub replacement in a 4-plex. The others are sketchy fiberglass one piece tubs waiting for an overweight tenant. Guess I will get some practice for the other units by doing this one. I ordered a sterling that supposedly can be set without mortar. Did one once on some freshly poured and level concrete and it worked out well for me.

Hoping I can save the surround and re-use.

The loose shower valve with hot and cold reversed was a tell of things to come..

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
that shower looks sketchier than any one piece Ive seen. as far as suspect to me I might be missing something never seen a drain connection like that the whole thing is forighn to me. a one piece works and works good. who built it? is this a common build in your area? brand new build? good luck

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks