Help Identify old shower stem from the 50s

Users who are viewing this thread

ROCCO MORROTTO

Reaction score
Hey my name is Rocky, i have a leaky shower stem pulled it out and the washer/bushing at the end is torn and degraded. i need to replace or rebuild. problem is i have no idea what make the stem is. Has 12 splines and is roughly 5 7/8 long. As the title says, i need help to identify it. the house is from the early 50s and is block. the fixtures are set within the block so access is limited.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    83 KB · Views: 184
  • 2.png
    2.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 209

ROCCO MORROTTO

Reaction score
to correct the original post. the stem wasn't leaking, when turned off water still came out of the shower head.

Reach4

Reaction score
You may not have to identify it. On the end opposite the handle is a washer. A new washer and a new seat may fix it right up.

The seat can often be removed by a "seat wrench" or a big Allen wrench of the right size if the hole is 6-sided.

A seat wrench fits many sizes of hex and square.

Blue_Bleeder

Reaction score
Website
barrywalter.com
The pictures are really low res so I am struggling to be 100% but it sure looks like an old Crane/Repcal stem unit to me. Check the spline count. If it is 12 point, it is this Crane/Repcal.

upload_2021-2-14_7-38-36.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks